Why do a Teach Abroad Internship in Spain?
Moving abroad can be daunting – you’re far from home and the people you know, in unfamiliar surroundings, and everything is DIFFERENT! That’s okay.
Destination TEFL offers a perfect teaching internship programme that allows for a ‘soft-landing’ with a home-away-from-home experience. You’ll get to experience a new culture, meet amazing people, make friends for life, and broaden your horizons, while giving back to the local community that is providing you with this fantastic opportunity.
Making a big life change is scary. But do you know what is scarier? REGRET. Read our blog post on why you should live abroad at least once in your life.
What is this ‘teach abroad internship in Spain’ all about?
Destination TEFL is offering a Hybrid TEFL Course with Extended Practical Training in Spain. In Catalonia to be specific.
Who is the teach abroad internship programme for?
- Those who would like a longer practical component of their TEFL course.
- Those who are looking for extra classroom experience to add to their CVs before applying for jobs
- Those who are looking for a cultural immersion experience to add to their CVs – ideal for university applications, as a semester abroad opportunity, or a gap year experience
- Those who are only looking for a short TEFL experience, before committing to a year-long contract abroad.
But what if I already have a TEFL certificate?
Not to worry, we’ve got options those who are new to the TEFL world, as well as those who are already qualified and are looking for a cultural immersion experience.
- 120-hour online TEFL/TESOL certificate, with teacher practicums as a 3-month internship as a volunteer teacher in Spain (US$895)
- 120-hour online TEFL/TESOL certificate, with teacher practicums as a 3-month internship in Spain, followed by guaranteed job placement in Asia after the internship (US$1,095)
- For those already TEFL qualified: a 3-month internship in Spain, with only additional modules on problems for Spanish learners, and Spanish culture (US$745)
- For those already TEFL qualified: a 3-month internship in Spain, with only additional modules on problems for Spanish learners, and Spanish culture PLUS guaranteed job placement in Asia after the volunteer internship ($795)
What exactly will I do during my internship in Spain?
This programme is all about personal development and cultural exchange. During your 3-month TEFL experience, you’ll get a chance to put your newly-acquired TEFL skills into practice as a volunteer speaker in a local school in Catalonia, Spain. At the same time, you’ll get to experience Spanish culture and live like a local, in the home of your host family. Visiting a country as a tourist is vastly different to living there. You’ll get to see places and experience things during your internship and cultural exchange that you would never experience as a tourist. This is invaluable – not only is it great for personal development, but also an asset to add to your CV. You’ll share meals with your hosts, travel to school with their children, and truly experience the local way of life. In the classroom, you’ll assist the local teacher as a ‘volunteer speaker’, helping with all aspects of the lessons, while building your confidence in the classroom, in preparation for conducting your own lessons after the internship.
We have an option for guaranteed job placement in Asia after the 3-month internship in Spain. Our course modules cover ‘problems for Spanish learners’ as well as ‘problems for Asian learners’ so you’ll be fully prepared for the ‘See 2 continents’ programme.
Read more about what’s included in the Spain internship programmes, who can apply, and the application process.
Interested in teaching at one of our Asia locations after your internship in Spain?
Or, book a call with us to discuss your teaching abroad options.